Wednesday 24 February 2010

Michael van der Ham - New Generation LFW


Michael van der Ham AW10
Image: elle.co.uk

Michael van der Ham - the unassuming yet extremely talented designer behind his eponymous label - appeared slightly embarrassed as I waxed lyrical about his stunning new collection. As I gasped with delight at each beautifully crafted piece he smiled quietly. I wondered whether I was being unfashionably over-the-top? Perhaps I needed to calm myself down.

For his AW10 collection, Michael has used silk devore, silk chiffon, mohair, organza and liberty prints all patch-worked together with a skillful eye for colour, texture and print to create feminine pieces with an eccentric twist. For women who "are not afraid to wear something a little more bold."

Each piece is perfectly executed and produced to a high standard in the UK. These are very special pieces to treasure for ever.



Michael van der Ham - AW10
Image: Re-Design for LIfe

Michael van der Ham - AW10
Image: Re-Design for LIfe