Thursday 21 January 2010

Inspiration - Winter 2010

I know. I know. What do I mean? -Winter 2010!! We've hardly had a hint of Spring 2010 I hear you cry. And there I was - only two weeks ago - spouting off my resolution for slowing down fashion. How can I possibly be slowing down when I'm practically leap-frogging the SS10 season to find myself falling head-over-heels for looks that have barely left the 'Pre-Fall 2010' catwalks. I simply couldn't resist.


Preen Pre-Fall 2010

This has to be my number 1 collection. That hard-edged, Forties glamour. Strong yet sensual. Don't mess with me attitude. I just love it! These outfits look even more amazing set against those distressed plaster walls and bare floor-boards. (Reminds me of my local pub). I could happily take each of these outfits to wear as they are, which could cause a bit of stir down at my local.


Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2010

Amazing bold colour. Futuristic tropical floral prints. Ingenious draping effects. All brought together with creative genius to produce a collection with impact. Although, I'll probably give the bright yellow leggings a miss.


Missoni Pre-Fall 2010

I've mentioned before that I don't really do knitwear. This collection could be the one to convert me. I just love the layers of textures and colours that have been wrapped and draped to create each outfit. What's even more appealing is that each item can be wrapped and draped in more than one way to create different looks from one outfit. Multi-functional dressing at it's most creative.


Giles Pre-Fall 2010

Another of my favourites. Why? -Because of the creative direction - shown in an old porcelain factory. The styling - vivid coloured wigs and tool accessories. And, because it's Giles - one of my favourite British designers. Never afraid to take risks. I have to say I'm not loving the Laboutins. I just don't understand what all the fuss is. But I am loving the paper-clip prints. Stunning with a quirky edge on that floor length dress.