Thursday 15 October 2009

Waiting For Warmth

After a few days away visiting my family, I was looking forward to getting back home. Don't get me wrong, I had a wonderful time. But no matter where I've been, there's nothing like returning to the familiar comfort of my own place. So my plan was to get through the door, throw my bags in one direction, my coat in the other, kick off my shoes, put the kettle on and collapse onto the sofa.

It was a bit on the chilly side when I entered my flat. I suppose it is October. So the first thing I did was to switch on the heating. I threw my bags into a corner. My coat remained on my back and my scarf didn't leave my neck. I checked the radiators. No heat. I put the kettle on. I made coffee. I checked the radiators. No heat. I collapsed onto the sofa still wearing my coat. I checked the radiators. No heat. I checked the boiler. I checked the thermostat. I checked the radiators. Still no heat. I phoned British Gas. Yes, an Engineer will be sent. He will be there between midday and 6pm tomorrow, which is today.

I am waiting for the Engineer to arrive. I am freezing! All I can think about is being wrapped and layered from head to toe in cozy warm clothes. Look at these gorgeous outfits from Bodkin. They would be just perfect for my current situation. Once my flat warms up, they'd be perfect for outdoors too.


Bodkin AW2009
Recycled polyester fleece tunic.
Organic wool jersey gloves.

Bodkin AW2009
Organic wool coat padded with 100% recycled bottle quilting & lined with recycled polyester


Bodkin AW2009
Hand-loomed and hand-dyed Ahimsa (non-violent) silk dress.
Organic cotton/lycra catsuit.